Monday, June 14, 2010

The sun was shining today - from 4:30 - 23:30

Today we had a trip to Sandnes and Jaeren via the bus. Our first stop was to "Vitenfabrikken" (The knowledge factory). It was a very interesting museum where you could just play and explore. Hannah and my favourite exhibit was a game where two opponents put on a "scientific" headbands (says Hannah) and sat at opposite ends of a table. On the table was a ball on a track. The ball started out in the centre and through brain waves of either relaxation/no thoughts or focus/many thoughts you moved the ball. The winner was whoever moved the ball to the end the end of the track. It was quite fascinating to watch because there was also a screen showing the brain activity of each participant. A couple of the other exhibits where wheel chair racing, a video of giant (maybe ten feet long) knitting needles knitting a flag, a game to test your reflexes and so much more.

We then heading to Wiig Gartneri which is a large and well respected green house in Norway. Just this week there was a write in the newspaper speaking about their award winning tomatoes. Below are some picture of the tour.



We then heading to Orre beach and had a BBQ. The food, specifically the meat (shrimp, ribs, pork, chick shishkebabs and a variety of sausage) was delicious! After lunch we went to the beach. It was beautiful yet windy and cold. Many people still went swimming despite the temperatures and only lasted a couple of seconds.


On the way home we stopped by this monument which is a representation of the last battle between the three Norway kings which unified them as one country.


For dinner Hannah and I went and got sandwitches and yogurt. We took it to the nearby lake to eat and watch the ducks. We were visited by a family of five ducklings and their mother. Hannah feed them her leftover oatmeal.


P.S. This is Hannah after one tic tac. I have learned my lesson...




P.S. Tomorrow Hannah turns 12 years old!!

8 comments:

  1. Just so you know... I am not crying. My eyes are just sweating. I am so happy Hannah is having this experience. The blog is beautiful! ...don't suppose any of those seeds from the tomatoes made their way into Hannah's pockets? We will possibly have a garden and definitely grass by the time she sees the backyard again! If I don't have the time difference right, I will just start the HAPPY BIRTHDAYs now! On June 15th in Lubbock Texas, the sweetest little girl was born to the craziest family! Happy Birthday beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO glad to see these pics and hear about your adventures. Happy Hannah Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day! Thanks for sharing, I know it was late at night for you to be blogging, your followers really appreciate it. The pictures are a great addition... such a sweet picture of you and Hannah together, you could be sisters. Are you glad you took the coat?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that I have your coat. I do not think I have taken it off since I got here. Time feels different here because we wake up to full sunshine and go to sleep in full sunshine. So even if it is late at night, it does not feel like it at all.

    The tomatoes were delicious. I do not believe we are allowed to bring any produce through customs, although maybe seeds are fine, but we did not get any seeds. I am about to wake Hannah up with a big Happy Birthday from everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi mom i love you sooooooooooooooooomuch love hannah.m

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you too! Do we get to Skype on your birthday??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Di, she is fast asleep right now. I tried catching you on Skype and Facebook but you were not on. I am sorry!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No worries! Mike and I had just been looking at Pulpit rock! And now you've been there!

    ReplyDelete