Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Hannah's Birthday and Pulpit Rock

Happy Birthday Hannah! I woke Hannah up this morning with a small, simple gift. I gave her, her very first "surprise egg". It is one of my favourite things I get in Europe and now I got to share it with her!

We also got to hike up to Pulpit Rock. To get there we had to ride the ferry. Here is Ava and Hannah on the ferry.


Pulpit Rock is about 600m. high and a four hour hike round trip. It is quite a steep hike at places but just gorgeous views with beautiful fjords. Here is Hannah during our hike up.



End destination - Pulpit Rock.


We made it to the top and just soaked in the breath-taking view. Mothers - we were being cautious and are now all safe and sound. Carrie - it was not quite as extreme as the "cliffs of insanity" because the wind was not as strong but the same kind of drop off.


On the ferry ride home, Hannah enjoyed playing with the wind and tried not to get blown away.


On the bus ride home, one of the leaders got wind that it was Hannah's birthday so the whole bus sang Happy Birthday to her.

6 comments:

  1. :) You'll get really tired of my saying this. . . but it just all makes me happy. By the way, that is one gorgeous hike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Hannah. Don't think you will forget the day you turned 12, beautiful and dangerous. Rachel thanks again for posting for us, can't say it is almost as good as being there, but it is fun to keep up with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Hannah!
    Rachel, thank you for this, I almost feel like I hiked to Pulpit Rock today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to post for you. It might not be as consistent after today because we are leaving the known internet and I am not sure when we will have it again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Hannah!!! We love you!!!! And Rachel thank you for posting pictures!!!! A heart attack is good for me every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How about such thing a a "Volksmarch" in Germany? It looks like a flatter pastime!

    ReplyDelete