Thursday, June 24, 2010

Stuttgart, Germany

We are in Stuttgart staying with a wonderful family in their home! Dagmar and Oliver have three daughters; Emilia (6), Annika (5) and Flora (almost 2). We are enjoying being with a family, playing, speaking German and eating home cooked meals.

The first day Hannah and I walked around the neighborhood and of course we found a play ground.


We went to town and today was market day. We walked around both outside and inside markets and bought fresh food to snack on. It made me so happy just wondering around.


Here are two, of many, things I like here in German. The first being the wooden bicycles that the children use and the strollers that the mothers use. I like these strollers because it has the child facing the mother instead of the over stimulation of looking out.


In the late afternoon, Dagmar, with her daughter Annika and Flora, took us to Eselsmühle (http://www.eselsmuehle.com/) which is a mill that has animals (donkeys being one of them), the mill with an old water wheel, a shop, a bakery and a Biergarten. We ate a delicious meal of traditional German dishes. We had schnitzel, kasespätzle and maultaschen. I sorry that we did not take a picture of our food as we immediately started eating. We had a lovely day.


The girls (Emilia, Hannah and Annika) all posing in their pink pajamas.

5 comments:

  1. It's a skuut! That was Braden's favorite bike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seth is looking at all the vegetables, and he's telling me all the things he would eat. He's making a list, "How do you spell spinach"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1) Please bring me a stroller
    2) I bet if Kroger started putting their produce in baskets like a "bushel", it would sell better.
    3)They have that bike at Target did ya know? How's that for fancy-shmancy?
    4) Dagmar is very beautiful
    5) I'm hungry
    6) That's it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tru Dat. All the things Carrie said, but her children are also beautiful. And Rachel is beautiful. And Hannah is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did not know that we had bicycles like that, or should I say skuut! I will have to check them out. I wish I could bring a stroller back...but I am bring chocolate instead. As for food, I recall that here in Europe you like the KFC chicken nuggets ;-)

    Lots of love to everyone!

    ReplyDelete