Thursday, June 17, 2010

Ferry ride and Bergen, Norway

We have internet here in Bergen so here is our update.

We left Stavanger early this morning and took a bus to the harbor to catch our ferry to Bergen. It was such a lovely and peaceful trip. The ferry went along the coast at parts as well as around islands and past fjords. It was beautiful! It was about a four hour trip. Both Hannah and I started out by taking a quick nap before we were awake enough to enjoy ourselves. Here is Hannah on the ferry.



We arrived into Bergen around 11:30 and heading off to find our hotel for the night. We are staying in a place called, CityBox. Basically it is just a room which is all we need.


We then headed out to check out the town. We had walked a few blocks when we came upon, what appeared to be, a strike. Now I am not sure why they are on strike. What I can make out is the sign saying, "not until strike-something) and on the back of their yellow vest it says, "Streiket Vakt" which may mean, "strike guard". Anyway, it was interesting to watch.


Here are some images of Bergen, Norway.







We then walked through the fish market and got a salad with shrimp, salmon and crab. Being on the coast there was fresh fish everywhere and lots of caviar!



Tomorrow we have the much anticipated train ride from Bergen to Oslo. And then we will be catching a flight to Stockholm and on to Järna! Here we come Ani!

Godnatt!

5 comments:

  1. Just seeing the sign of the little street walking man makes me nostalgic.

    Love the pacifier tree, Google translator of the sign is: "La fa tutte hangs"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hungry. I wish my daughter was here to make me a sandwich! Youall have fun and thanks for the updates.

    love Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. daddy I love you so much and I miss you to. I am having so much fun here it is so cool. dad I am so sorry that I am going to miss Father's day. I hope I can find A present to mace up for it. love hannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I asked one of the Danes on our project (Norwegian and Danish are incredibly similar) and he said that "streikebryteri" is a person who is part of a strike but then goes and tells the boss they will go back to work, sort of a traitor. The sign says "No to streikebryteri."

    ReplyDelete